As I’ve excitedly told you some weeks ago, we were set to watch another installation of Singapore Repertory Theatre’s Shakespeare in the Park, Twelfth Night this year. And that we did, just last Sunday. Scenes from this year’s performance:
Reasons you must go:
– the experience is one of a kind (once a year too)
– it’s a picnic!!!
– this is one of Shakespeare’s most hilarious works
– if you have never been interested in theatre, this is the perfect way to start. It’s so casual, you forget the play was written more than a century ago!
– this is Singapore Reportory Theatre at its best. Admittedly, there were a couple of annoying miscasts, but generally, the cast was superb!
– ADRIAN PANG is a genius. Let this play show you why, and how! He plays Feste, the court jester. And he single- handedly steals the show.
– my super crush Shane Mardjuki’s abs… I first saw him (albeit fully clothed back then) five years ago in SRT’s The Pillowman with Adrian and Daniel Jenkins (both actors also on Twelfth Night)
The Old English might take some getting used to, if you are not that fond of classic literature. The cast did such an AMAZING job, though, that you are bound to understand the flow of the play as it goes along. I suggest, if you are not one for reading Shakespeare’s original text, to search Twelfth Night’s synopsis on Google first. In a nutshell- it’s a hilarious Rom-Com (Yes! Shakespeare has done Romantic Comedies!) revolving around mistaken identities and such.
Riotous, wicked fun that will leave you in laughs… and in love!
I pray thee to watch this masterpiece… It runs until the 20th of May 2012! Tickets sold hither!
*If you would like to receive and read more letters, please feel free to subscribe. Thank you.
More letters, more love!
Photography and text by Author unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.