I don’t claim to have travelled to as much parts of the world as other people may have, but I do claim this much: Everywhere I’ve gone to has been pretty damn good. And I’m immensely grateful to the forces in the universe that will these things to happen. From these trips, I’ve more or less managed to name a few signs that ultimately make me a happy little traveller.
Of course, we all have our own quirks and individual things of interest, so whatever rocks my boat might not necessarily sway yours.
Here are 5 signs you’re in a good place:
1) When there is a thin layer of grit and texture hovering around the air, keeping you always on your tippy toes; giving you dynamic contrasts in every street corner and turn.
2) When shop front signages tell you more than just names.
3) When buildings are beautiful, well- taken care of, and well- thought of.
4) When lovely small details surprise.
5) When a heavily tattooed black guy coolly skates past you at 8:00 in the morning.
*If you would like to receive and read more letters, please feel free to subscribe. Thank you.
Photography and text by Author unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.